What is Energy Efficiency?
The need for energy efficiency
- Australia is one of the highest producers of greenhouse gas emissions per capita.
- Energy efficiency is a cost-effective method of dealing with climate change, reducing your carbon footprint which leads to lower energy bills.
- In Australia, non-residential buildings are responsible for approximately 10% of Australia's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Given Australia’s 8 million household and standards of living, energy consumption is high. Household appliances account for about 30% of total residential energy consumption with lighting an additional 12%.
Benefits of energy efficiency improvements
- Cost-effective method to manage rising energy prices.
- Increase profitability by reducing operating costs.
- Increase the value of your property
- Higher rental returns
- Compliance with Government regulations
- Enhance building performance
- Attain sustainability goals
- Improved occupant comfort
- Achieve job satisfaction
- Add value to maintenance contracts
Understanding Energy Usage
How AICA Engineering Can Help
Our service involves a full on-site energy audit and consultation. A detailed assessment will be conducted, including:
- Historical data collection and assessment of the site’s energy consumption
- A walkthrough energy assessment of the site
- Areas of heavy energy consumption
- Common practices to improve energy efficiency.
- Deeper energy management opportunities that will save significant amount of energy and reduce carbon footprint.
After this has been completed, we will provide a comprehensive report outlining suggested changes and improvements. As a full-fledged EcoXpert accredited engineering team comprising both electricians and engineers, we are able to consult with you and implement the required energy efficiency changes, which may range from modifying practices to installing new technologies.